Rep. Rouda Creates Coastal Orange County Aircraft Noise Mitigation Task Force
LAGUNA BEACH, CA – Today, Congressman Rouda (CA-48) held the inaugural meeting of the newly-formed Coastal Orange County Aircraft Mitigation Noise Task Force. The task force brings together local elected officials and representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), SNA Airport, and major airlines to decrease airplane noise and improve community collaboration.
"For years, coastal Orange County residents have raised concerns regarding disruptive airplane noise," said Rouda. "I am proud to bring together key stakeholders to enact meaningful change and improve the quality of life for thousands of Orange County families living under flight paths. Thank you to community activists and residents for their tireless work and task force members for their commitment to participating in the airplane noise conversation."
The Coastal Orange County Aircraft Mitigation Noise Task Force is composed of:
- U.S. Representative Harley Rouda
- Councilman Jeff Herdman, City of Newport Beach (designated by Mayor Will O'Neill, City of Newport Beach)
- Mayor Lyn Semeta, City of Huntington Beach
- Mayor Katrina Foley, City of Costa Mesa
- Mayor Bob Whalen, City of Laguna Beach
- Mayor Laurie Davies, City of Laguna Niguel
- Representatives from SNA
- Representatives from air carriers operating out of SNA
- Representatives from FAA
Rep. Rouda will conduct a series of task force meetings to discuss and identify potential solutions to address aircraft noise concerns in coastal Orange County communities.